Cats are very interesting animals and sometimes very hard to read. Most like to keep to themselves, so we never really know what they're thinking. However, we found some weird facts about them to maybe give you a clue.
- They can drink saltwater. Their kidneys are so efficient they can filter out the salt.
- Cats don't have a sweet tooth. Thanks to a genetic defect they can't taste sweets.
- A group of cats is called a clowder, coming from a variant of the word clutter.
- They can spend up to half of their lives cleaning themselves. If your cat actually licks you, that means it's true love.
- Purring allows a cat to self-heal it's body. Domestic cats pur is between 25-150 Hertz - which is the frequency bones and muscles repair themselves.
- Cats like routine. If something out of the norm happens, they may stop eating or throw up, even if they are completely healthy.
- They can only sweat through their paws.
- Female cats are typically right-pawed and male cats are left-pawed.
- Cats have a longer-term memory than dogs and almost identical sections of the brain as humans that control emotion.
- Black cats are considered bad luck in the United States, but good luck in Australia and the UK.
Cats have been domesticated for thousands of years and we continue to be very fond of them. We love these weird little creatures. If your cat needs some extra love, try flea away to keep them flea free.