The weather is heating up and summer time fun is in full swing. We aren't the only ones who need some cool treats to cool down. Here are some fun frozen treats you can make for your pup and maybe even try one for yourself. ;)
Frozen Yogurt Pupsicles
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup whole blueberries
- 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 cup plain yogurt (make sure to get unsweetened)
- 1/2 pretzel stick per pupsicle
- Combine all ingredients until mixed
- Add pretzel stick and pour mixture into molds
- Freeze for at least 4 to 5 hours before serving
Recipe via our friends at Rover.
Doggie Ice Cream
Buying ice cream at doggie bakeries and pet stores can get pricey. It's easy and more affordable to make your own at home. Here's an easy recipe with only three ingredients.
- 1 banana
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- Blend everything together and put into small plastic containers to freeze
- Let your dog enjoy licking the ice cream out of the container
Coconut Oil & Blueberries
Coconut oil is not only healthy for humans, but also for our four legged besties! Coconut oil aids in digestion, helps keep the coat shiny, and promotes a healthy immune system. This super simple recipe also has antioxidants from the blueberries, making it a super food treat.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Frozen Blueberries
- Place a couple blueberries into an ice tray or silicone mold
- Pour in the melted coconut oil
- Place in the freezer
Watermelon is a quintessential summer food. We love giving this fruit to our dogs just chopped up and chilled. For an easy frozen treat you can puree the watermelon with some coconut water and freeze in an ice tray or mold. Pop them out when frozen and give to your dogs for a fresh and healthy treat to cool down.
Frozen PB&J Treats
All dogs love peanut butter. Spruce it up with strawberries and blueberries for an extra health benefit. Check out this fun recipe from HGTV.
Pumpkin is great for a dog's digestion tract and isn't only for the fall months.
- A can of pure pumpkin (make sure not to purchase pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Blend the yogurt and pumpkin together and pour into an ice tray or mold
- Freeze for a refreshing and healthy treat